October, 8 p.m.
- Duration: 125 min
- Hall: Main Auditorium
Hieratic and perfect, Alicia Alonso sketched a line in the water, a before and after in the history of Latin American classical ballet. Contributing to her legend –heightened by the courage to triumph as a dancer for she was partially blind as of age 19- and fame was as an extraordinary instructor of the fabulous dancers of the National Ballet of Cuba (Ballet Nacional de Cuba), which she founded in 1948 and directed until her death in 2019, at the age of 98.
The last generation of brilliant heirs of Alicia Alonso lead this gala as a tribute and with gratitude towards the absolute maestra. These exceptional dancers have come together to interpret capsules of the repertory -such as Giselle or Carmen two works that are forever associated with Alicia Alonso- to link together a fantastic pearl necklace of eternal classical dance. The Teatro de la Maestranza had originally scheduled this Gala for the 2019/20 season so as to coincide with the centenary of Alonso Alicia’s birth. The pandemic made that impossible but at last the generation which has preserved her style, legacy and signature will dance in her memory.
With the idea and direction of Mayda Bustamante along with the Artistic direction of Orlando Salgado, principal dancer and partenaire of Alicia Alonso for more than 20 years and a troupe of 8 international figures, we will enjoy an approach to dancing which is at once extremely beautiful, precise and elegant.
- General director: Mayda Bustamante
- Artistic direction: Orlando Salgado (Exprimer bailarín del Ballet Nacional de Cuba y el último partenaire de la célebre Alicia Alonso)
- Stage Director: Liuba Cid
- Maestra, regidora y asistente de dirección: Dania González
- Sound director: Carlo González
- Cast: Anett Delgado, Dani Hernández (Primeros bailarines del Ballet Nacional de Cuba), Sadaise Arencibia (Primera bailarina del Ballet Nacional de Cuba), Anyelo Montero (Bailarín principal del Ballet Nacional de Cuba), Eva Nazareth (Estrella internacional), Javier Monier (Estrella internacional), Elizabetha Formento (Estrella internacional) Tomas Giugovaz (Estrella internacional)
- Nota: Por razones ajenas a los organizadores de esta gira homenaje a Alicia Alonso, el programa podrá sufrir algún cambio puntual de título o elenco, de lo cual se informará debidamente.
Acerca de Alicia Alonso
Born in Havana in 1920, this outstanding and most long-lasting name in the history of dance world wide, founded the Alicia Alonso Ballet Company in 1948 that became the National Ballet of Cuba, and with which she performed across the five continents. Her versions of the famous classical ballets have been programmed by important companies. Creator of the acclaimed Escuela Cubana de Ballet.
The press says
El Teatro Maestranza inaugura este sábado su temporada
El próximo sábado 1 de octubre, a las 20,00 horas, el Teatro de la Maestranza de Sevilla inaugura su temporada con una gala