December, 5 p.m.
28 December, 7 p.m.
- Hall: Main Auditorium
Taking off from the ground
To dream of flying has fed the imagination of humans since the beginning of time. Visionary Leonardo da Vinci concentrated so intently on this utopia that today his legacy takes flight with the company Aracaladanza. Directed by choreographer Enrique Cabrera since its creation in 1995, this troupe combines a plethora of objects with dance in delightful shows conceived for young audiences and families that have been applauded in theatres across the globe.
Dreaming of a world that is more just, freer, happier and more human, Vuelos –coproduced by the prestigious Sadler’s Wells Theatre (London), the Teatro de la Abadía (Madrid), among others – contemplates swimming in the sky, walking on water and flying on land. A disruption of reality which lives up to the imagination of a child and is recommended as of age 5.
“Faithful to artistic and moral values which are increasingly being forgotten” (El Mundo), “Special, beautiful and exquisite” (Cadena SER) or how the demanding children’s audience “ clap like crazy between the bravos” (El País), Aracaladanza will let us take off by releasing our ties to the ground.
- Idea and direction: Enrique Cabrera
- Choreography: Aracaladanza
- Original music: Luis Miguel Cobo
- Set and costume designer: Elisa Sanz (AAPEE)
- Lighting design: Pedro Yagüe (AAI)
- Video scene design: Álvaro Luna (AAI)
- Design of props and machinery: Ricardo Vergne, Elisa Sanz
Coproduction, Sadler´s Wells Theatre, Teatro Abadía, Nottingham Lakeside Arts and Comunidad de Madrid
With Festival Grec
- Cast: Carolina Arija Gallardo, Jorge Brea Salgueiro, Raquel de la Plaza Húmera, Jonatan de Luis Mazagatos, Jimena Trueba Toca